Friday 19 December 2008

Games

Many years ago I was pretty much addicted to video games, but one day my interest just dried out. I guess I got more interested in what was behind the games, and how they where made. That interest never grew as strong as the actual addiction though. But it provides enough oxygen to keep a loose interest alive and I stay in touch on what is new and exciting. I'm pretty much being fed this information by my friends who still happily buy the latest games or work in the industry for that matter. I don't pay much attention and games rarely catches my eye and makes me tempted to find out more. But on the odd occasion it does. And it happened twice this week.

1. Love
The game it self seems to be just another of those multi user online games set in an epic fantasy world. What triggers my mind is how its made. I cant get my head around it, but its all made by one person alone, Eskil Steenberg. Multi User online games usually involve easily over 100 people and takes several years to develope. Here Eskil manages to creat it all by him selfe, and I must admit it looks pretty impressive to me. And the graphical style is very unusual.










Here is the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMX69Priad8

2. FEIST













Its very unusual looking, and was done as an art project. Just have a look at the site, and watch the video clip there. http://www.gd08.ch/FEIST/
When watching the video I thought the music was terrific too, and by reading the fine print I found out that its made by "Podington Bear", http://podingtonbear.com/

No comments:

<