Wednesday 31 December 2008

2008 / 2009

Got my hair cut at 9:00 in the morning. Went home to have some breakfast, doing some laundry. The weather was lovely so I wanted to go swimming during the day. I usually go to an outdoor pool in the botanical gardens. But that I could forget. It was around lunchtime but it was already 1000nds of people cuing to get a good spot for the fireworks at midnight. I decided to head to the beach instead. I took a long walk to Bondi Juncion checking out the area at the same time, and a t-shirt printing place I had heard of (it was not as good as I hoped for though). Then to the bus the last bit to Bronte Beach. Mikkel and Gustav joined in eventually. It was a great day at the beach with big waves in the water. In the afternoon we went back into town. I met up with Kat and we had a few drinks at my balcony listening to some music. It was great. Eventually Gustav, Mikkel and Rajdarn came over and we had a late dinner at Chat Thai. There is allways a que there, no matter when you come. So we signed up and they would call us when our table would be ready. I the meantime we spent some time at the Japanese gaming arcade at World Square, taking silly photographs in Japanese photo booths (you get to decorate your photos aswell, add glitter and stuff). After having dinner we headed towards circular quay to watch the fireworks. Apparently Sydneys fireworks are very famouse. It was sure spectaculare, but would have been alot more enjoyable with about 1 million less people. It was hoords of people around there, and when it was all over it took ages to get back. I think that if I will be here another new year I will make sure to find someone with a balcony towards the harbour, get tickets to the operahouse or simmilar. Its hard to enjoy while being squashed by so many people.
Afterwards we had tickets to a venue fairly close to where I live. It was dead boring there. I dont like clubs much anyway. Got home about 3 at night. No hangover today, just a bit tired. Went swimming in the pool. Was very nice. ( managed to get plenty of good fireworks shots, but couldnt bother putting them all here. You can see the rest on flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/philipclevberger/ )


















2 comments:

Hanna said...

Jag tycker om dom där bilderna från japanska fotoautomaten eller vad det kan kallas

Philip Clevberger said...

Det är roligt att ta kort i dem, det åker ned olika bakgrunder bakom ryggen på en och så efteråt så får man dekorera bilderna.

Och så är det skitsnabb japansk disco, och så är alla instruktioner på japanska så man får chansa bara.

<