Saturday 26 December 2009

Clever engineering

I reckon Sweden along with small independent engineers in Germany are creating the most interesting and innovative electronic music instruments at the moment.

Impressive set up with sweden made machinedrum and monomachine controlled by drum-pads.
They are damn impressive little machines I wouldnt hesitate to get my hands on.


From Germany comes LadyAda's impressive x0xb0x project.



























The very sought after Roland TB-303 built in the early 80's was finally reverse engineered. But not only that, supplying you with all the details on how to do it, as well as selling kits with all the components, you can have your own TB-303 for literately the fraction of the cost of the original and all its connectivity has been upgraded to today's standards. My electronics skills are still very limited so I was lucky to find a guy in Taiwan putting them together and selling them on ebay. Done deal. As they are home built their looks are customized as well. The guy in Taiwan not only had the cheapest ready assembled ones. They where also the best looking ones according to me. Here it is:




















Until I supply you with my own video, you can check out this one.

No comments:

<