Saturday 24 April 2010

A Moment In Time #1

Lights slowly pulsating, passing by, breaking up into hundreds of smaller lights when filtered through the raindrops on the window of the train carriage.
Somewhere just north / northwest of Bayswater, I can’t recall what area exactly.  Silhouettes of dense brick buildings, hardly distinguishable from the deep blue evening sky. It could have been autumn, or spring. Wearing a light black jacket, short hair cut  and a black shirt. Leaning my forehead against the cold window, gradually switching focus of my own reflection and the London background.

Where I had just been will remain a secret for now. If I could even recall what it was I did? Nevertheless it's not important for the story.

It happened as I was flicking through my music library. It could have been “Suburbia”, or possibly “West End Girls” with the Pet Shop Boys. Definitely one of the two, or probably both, one after the other.  Creating the perfect soundtrack, and all of a sudden I got that vision in my head again. Gear works, 100’s of cogs suddenly in sync. A sign of a moment reaching its absolute peak, when everything falls into place. The beauty of non beautiful things perfectly orchestrated for that very moment in time.

Suddenly it was all gone again when the train disappears into one of the dark tunnels leading towards Kings Cross.

That evening in London is long gone. but my memory of that brief moment will remain for years to come.


No comments:

<