Saturday 30 May 2009

Brian Eno - The Battles

Yesterday I was offered to take over Marees tickets to the Battles at the opera house. I didn't know anything about the Battles at the time. The only thing I knew is that it was a part of the Luminous festival at the Sydney Opera house, all organized by Brian Eno. The whole opera house is projected on with abstract art. Projecting stuff on it has been an idea of mine since I saw it the first time, and then to have some electronica with it off course. And having Brian Eno organising such a thing was awesome. But there was no electronica I'm afraid.
Anyhow, we went to see the Battles. And I must admit I didnt like most of it. It was kind of experimental and they where playing with loops live alot. Even though its good in theory and interesting to do improv like that live. The only issue is, it didnt sound ver good to my ears.

Mikkel, Kat & Gustav having dinner at Sushi Train














Kat, Gustav & Mikkel on our way to the Opera house














Brian Eno's Luminous projections on the Opera house














And some more projections














The Battles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it!

<