Sunday 1 March 2009

The first day of Autumn

I cant say it feels other than awkward to say Autumn just started. The first day March is the official beginning. I started of the day with a long walk through the botanical gardens, along the harbor and finally to Paddy's fruit market and then back home about 2 hours later. Bought fresh veggies to make a nice chillie for the evening.

I was realy tempted to go to the beach. I havn't had much of a chance to go swimming lately, and the weather have been quite dull too. I gave Kat a call to see what she was up to. She was about to have breakfast with Gustav and Mikkel so I cought up with them and had a Freshly squeezed apple and ginger juice before we headed off towards the beach. Bondi was our target and their we went. Bondi is probabbly sydneys best know beach, and is of resonable size. I had only been there once before, and that was on the first offical day of Spring just when I came over there. Then it wasi cold and rainy. So I thought I should give it another chance, even though I have been told by the locals to stay away due to all the tourist. But I wanted to see what it was like. I didnt want to leave Sydney without even tying it out.

We had a lovely day there, and I must admit, the beach was ok, but far from the best one. Bronte is the one that ticks most of my boxes. Anyways we had a swim in the big waves, and later we cought up with some of Kats friends.

In the late afternoon we went to out favorite noodle place to have our favorite noodles (Tantan tsukenmen). We took a long walk back into the city, and decided to go to the cinema later in the evening. We bought tickets to see the Valkyrie. I must admit it was a god film, a very good thriller (even though you would kind of know the outcome).

Kat


















Bondi beach




























Kat & Gustav trying some poses




























While waiting for the film, we whent to a Chinese tea house














I had Kumquat and plum tea with crushed ice. Kat had red bean tea topped with green tea ice cream.















Had this odd drink at the cinema. Some juices has juicy bits, but this one had big chunks of fruit in it. was a bit odd.



















No comments:

<