Thursday 8 January 2009

Some music pt.1

I'm going to dedicate this post to music and its whereabouts. It's tricky and I fear this post can end up very long so I might slice it up into parts.

As I claimed a few years ago, the music cant survive on its own anymore. Perhaps it never did, just me not realizing it. I believe most kinds of music can be good if it serves it's purpose in the right context. Therefore I discovered a lot of music first when I heard it at the right time at the right place.

But my musical interest has changed a lot for the the proximate last 5 years. From being heavily into electronic music, spending hours sniffing the internet and browsing crate after crate of vinyls to find the hidden gems and stay in touch what was new and fresh on the market, it all came to an abrupt end. It's not that music became unimportant to me, it was rather other things that became as interesting and started fighting for my attention. Not only that, but also many other genres of music have come into my life. This would require a post on its own, and some of you might get really surprised of what I'm listening to now a days. I'm not quite going to reveal that to you yet.

It still happens I come across those tracks and records that I know I will never get bored of. They might last for a life time. One of those was Solo Piano by Gonzales that I discovered in 2007.

You can download the album as a .zip file here
Solo Piano

Someone claiming to be Gonzales requested me to remove the zip.



Or if you just want a teaser, go ahead and listen to these tracks.
Gonzales - Overnight
Gonzales - The Tourist

There might be sequels to this post in the future, till then you better listen to something good.














3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello this is Gonzales. Thanks for your upport, but the zip file thing is a bit communist for my taste. Wouldn't it be better to encourage people to buy my music so I can continue? I'm already quite rich but it's the principle of the thing.

Unknown said...

Sorry for the typo, instead of "upport" it should say "cheerleading".

Philip Clevberger said...

Dear Chilly,

If this is you, how did you come across my post? I noticed you have to be far to specific on Google to be able to just stumble upon it?

<