Friday 23 January 2009

A new post

Just came out from a cold shower, poured my self a glass of home made ice tea ( Earl Gray, a sliced lime and plenty of ice ). And the day is slowly progressing from afternoon into evening. Maybe these circumstances makes you a little philosophical?... hmmm... probably not. But what ever it is, I feel I need to write a little about 2009.

Is it like this when teenage parents are coming back from a holiday, and their kids have completely trashed the house? Im not thinking of Corey the Australian "Legend" ( for you who don't remember or never saw it, can refresh your mind here



). Well... how he became a legend is a mystery to me. Never the less, I'm not really talking about house parties getting out of hand anyway. I'm referring to the world in general. What happened? Where did all the money go? Wealth cant disappear, it must have ended up somewhere, right? even if its not in actual money? Well... lets blame it on Bush shall we? I guess he needs that on his shoulders, and to know that a big part of the world hate him and his country.

Isn't it strange that it's socially accepted to hate one country but not another? Ok... Bush might have been the front man for a few big mistakes effecting the rest of the world and the lives of millions of people. Thats not a cool thing, you are right. But damage has already been done, and bush isn't there any more. So lets look forward, as arguing who is to blame wont solve any problems or turn our future brighter. I really hope Mr. Obama has got a magic wand so he can put the world back in peaceful order again.

By the way, I saw his biography is on the bookshelves already. My god, when did they write that? Maybe they prepare one for all the "finalists" in the American election just in case. Ok, so while we wait for Mr. Obama to do his Magic we... hey stop. There is something wrong here? When will we realize not to wait for someone else to do it. Lets create a better life our selves.

So what am I doing? Well... I'm building a drum machine... It might be the really dumb idea in this moment of despair, but possibly very cleaver. Time will tell... So don't wait for the future to arrive, create it your self, trust your gut and go for it.

( Part of this project is to brush off my dusty illustrator skills, and I managed to mock this one up. I'm really proud of it )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was it The Audacity of Hope? He wrote that himself a few years back I believe.

<